Friday, October 2, 2009

I was only supposed to transport Alabama.

I was only supposed to transport Alabama.

Marianne called me and asked if I could help get Alabama to her vet. If so, she would accept him into her rescue, and could save his life. It was a call like any other. He would be a dog like all of the rest. They all touch my heart in some way – the dogs I pull and transport, they are all special. I meet them for an hour, or two, or three. If I am lucky, and I happened to remember a camera, I grab a photo with them, and then I wish them well, and they are on their way.

It turns out that, in order for things to work with transportation, and the vet, and the rescue, Alabama needed a place to stay for a couple days. Marianne called to ask if I could take him, so I typed in Alabama’s Petfinder page. I see his fly bitten ears, and automatically know he was an outside dog with the Heartworm to prove it. I doubt he’s house trained, and probably not people trained either. Oh well, I also know that I can not say no, and Alabama is staying for a couple days.


Fast forward to Alabama's pick up day...


Then fast forward again to two baths later and a new collar for Stinky Mc Stinkster...

And I have my new foster dog. Of course, it's only for two days...



No comments:

Post a Comment